It's snowing here in London! It is the greatest snowfall since 1991! Above is a picture of my friend Katherine and me playing in the snow out in front of our dorm.Classes were canceled today, so we went to the local park, Kensington Gardens, to act like 8 year olds. We built a snowman...
We met a little British girl who thought our snowman was so amazing that she wanted a picture with it. She then showed us her snowman, and we got a picture of it.After making our snowman, making snow angels, throwing a few snowballs, and taking lots of pictures, we decided to head to the Gloucester Arms (our favorite and regular pub) for some lunch and to warm up.
We don't know if classes are going to be canceled tomorrow...they are going to reassess the situation at 16.00. If we're lucky, we'll have two snow days in a row!
But it's not all snow days and snowmen here in London. This weekend were the Chinese New Year festivities, celebrating the year of the Ox. We went down to Leicester Square last night to check out the booths and stores in Chinatown and to see the fireworks. We thought that the fireworks were going to be an awesome spectacle...but they were...not so much. ;O) It was still lots of fun, and we got to get a taste of Chinatown.

I'm very excited because this weekend we are taking a trip to Paris!! Hopefully there will be some great things to tell and great pictures to show!
Comment on my blog! I'd love to hear from y'all. Thanks Jules, Aunt Julia, and Parents for commenting... :)
2 comments:
So, you had to travel to London to see snow - probably the most you have encountered except at ski resorts. Today, CNN reported on stranded motorists and frigid cold in Britain. Are they blaming global warming? Yes, global warming is projected to change the Gulf Stream current and plunge Britain into colder temperatures more commensurate with its northern latitude. But then, there are normal climatic fluctuations . . . so much for the science, but wondering how the press is handling it.
Here, the temperatures plunged into the single digits multiple times in the last month, but little frozen precipitation. Only a dusting, which was insufficient to cancel school - colder than the past few years, however.
When in San Franciso I visited its China Town and left with bags filled with gifts for kin. The food markets were amazing! It was a slow and painful walk back to the hotel, which was close on the initial trip, but not the return. You probably received something from the bags - a doll or chop. I remember purchasing chops with the symbol of the person's birth - what's your symbol? As I've cleaned closets recently, I have even found some China Town gifts still waiting for a recepient.
Have a good time in Paris. I'll look forward to the report. Next week I travel to less sophisticated environs - the land of your birth and kin! SMC is already there helping your uncle! Personally, I'm hoping for the typical family fare - a version of fish and chips!
i am SOOOO jealous of all that snow.
Post a Comment